My children have been removed

What do I need to know?

Links to SERVICES, SUPPORT & INFORMATION on this site:

You are not alone...

Family Inclusion Strategies in the Hunter created this space to link you with the information you may find helpful. No matter how long your child is in care there are services in NSW and in the Hunter Valley and Central Coast that can provide information and services that will help you.

“I got a phone call from my mum saying my son’s been removed from her care. I ran into the school to my children and I got to speak to them in the office for a little while.”

“The kids were crying and saying they’d be good. I didn’t know what to do. As soon as they were taken, I walked round the corner from the school and just collapsed in the road. My sister and a neighbour had to come get me and I was just screaming. I didn’t know what was happening and didn’t understand why. I thought I was doing everything right.”

Do you have a question?

If you require some additional direction or support, feel free to send us an email.