WORKSHOPS & CONSULTATIONS
FOR WORKERS & CARERS
- Building and maintaining good relationships with parents and family of children in care.
- Promoting meaningful and active inclusion of parents and family in their children’s lives and the planning and decisions that affect them.
We must have at least 6 participants to run a workshop.
Building Better Relationships: Introduction to Family Inclusion
- The ‘what’ and ‘why’ of family inclusion
- Children and young people in care – needs, rights, and responsibilities
- Statements and assumptions about parents, carers, and workers
- Challenges and reluctance in building relationships
- Power in relationships
- Relationship-based practice
- Family Inclusive Practice ideas
This workshop is available as a half- or full-day format. It is co-facilitated by a parent with lived experience and a practitioner.
“The lived experience of the FISH facilitators provides unique and valuable training for workers. Their perspective and delivery of training provided an insight that has changed my practice & understanding of child-focused practice.” (Student & Youth Worker)
“I have been at around 4 events that FISH have presented and it is always such an inspiring & thought provoking experience. Such a great refresher for human connection.” (Case Manager, FSP)
“Everything was important. It was great insight hearing the parent co-facilitator’s story and experience. It really highlighted the gap in support that our families need throughout their whole journey. The story you shared and the work you do is truly inspiring. Thankyou for sharing.” (Manager, FSP)