KIDS IN CARE
group program for parents whose children were removed
FISH provide wrap around peer support for participants throughout the group. RANSW staff complete pre-group assessments. A FISH Peer Worker and a Hunter REP facilitator co-facilitate the group program together.
FISH and Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) collaborate together to provide the Kids in Care Group Program as a regular parent support group for parents whose children are in care. It is a six-week program. Kids in Care is your opportunity to:
- Receive support from other parents who have experienced the same situation
- Address issues of grief, stigma, and trauma
- Develop skills in emotional regulation, communication, and assertiveness
- Hear stories of strength and survival
- Learn about the impact of children being removed
- Gain a better understanding of our brains and bodies under stress, and how to manage thee emotions.
Call the FISH peer team on our free call line. A FISH peer worker will tell you more about the program, take your details, and support you through the assessment.
FREE CALL: 1300 942 598